The external bottom bracket is available with two different bearing options. All common systems are covered with this upgrade unit, making it ideal for Shimano, Race Face and Truvativ (extra conversion kit required). The machined aluminium cups hold either full stainless steel cartridge bearings, or ceramic bearings in stainless races. These custom, Swiss made bearings are double sealed which gives much greater life span than stock units. They are also replaceable. The bearings are made by INA and have been designed to run directly on the crankset axle, without the use of shims or spacers - again increasing life and reliability. We use a non contact, free running labyrinth seal to protect the bearing externally, and the machined aluminium centre tube is sealed internally with o-rings.
The unit is suitable for 68 & 73mm shell width’s - with an 83mm width version and a specific road unit. Standard 6 colours are available on cups - red, blue, silver, black, gold and gunsmoke, with the centre tubes being black on the stainless and gunsmoke on the ceramic.
- CNC machined in Barnoldswick, England
- Custom stainless steel and ceramic bearings by INA of Switzerland
- Internal and External sealing
- Bearings replaceable
- Colours: Black, Silver, Red, Blue, Gold and Gunsmoke
- Weight: Stainless 110g, Ceramic 107g
- Sizes Available: 68/73mm, Road and 83mm
- Compatible with: Shimano, Race Face and Truvativ (Truvativ requires extra adaptors)