Its name is HoBootleg, it’s the bicycle that didn’t exist. The HoBootleg of today has 24,000km of competition and development within its wheels, including two Tours d’Afrique. These epic adventures across all types of terrain helped to shape and inspire the unique characteristics of the HoBootleg: strength, comfort, lightness, perfecting a fine blend of cyclocross and touring machine.
The HoBootleg will take you wherever you want to go, without paying for a ticket.
The frame and fork are constructed from Columbus triple butted Cromor steel with a special protective paint treatment inside and outside the tubes for total protection against corrosion & extreme reliability. Cromor is a triple-butted tubeset, thicker and tougher on the edges, thinner and lighter in the central areas.
Clearance for mudguards and tyres up to 42mm will allow you to tackle any terrain with confidence. The Shimano Deore 9-speed groupset will help you easily overcome the steepest climbs.
During adventure you must expect the unexpected! That’s why we designed all the parts and components in order to be replaceable! A non-integrated 1-1/8” headset ensures the maximum interchangeability as well as the non-integrated seat-clamp does. Never stop even if you get a wheel damaged! An additional-spoke holder is integrated on the right chainstay of the frame also performing as chainstay protection.
The world famous, extra strong TUBUS racks can carry up to 40kg of luggage in the rear and 18kg in the front. The reinforced blades of the fork ensure total reliability even while riding with two heavy frontal travel-bags.
“Ergo Steering Stop” is a special headset-block, which prevents the handlebar knocking on the top-tube during on-shoulder bike-transportation. All the mechanical cable-activated devices (brakes, derailleur and shifter) have a unique full-wiring cable-routing system, dust & water proof: no compromise for the performance of these important devices.
The bicycle that was missing, fine blend of cyclocross and touring, designed thanks to the experience gained during the Tour D’Afrique. Frame and fork are made by triple butted Columbus Cromor steel with a special protective electro deposition paint treatment inside and outside the tubes for a total protection against corrosion and extreme reliability. Hobootleg is the bike by which the mythical Paola Giannotti has won the Guinness World Record for making the tour around the world in just 144 days!
- Increased wheel passages that allow the assembly of the fenders and tires up to 40mm to tackle any terrain with confidence.
- Steering limitation system (Ergo Steering Stop) that prevents contact of the handlebar with the top tube of the frame preventing any damage.
- Cable wire passages above the top tube to protect the cables from mud and dirt always allowing optimum operation of front and rear derailleurs thanks also to the use of Microshift bar ends.
- Shimano Deore 9-speed Group to easily overcome the steepest climbs.
- TUBUS carriers to carry up to 40kg of load in the rear and 18kg in the front. The perfect machine that will take you wherever you want without paying the ticket.
- Included accessories: TUBUS Front & Rear racks, front & rear mudguards, two spare spokes.
- The frame features three sets of bottle cage bosses, meaning you will always have adequate hydration at hand.