The Vercors R8 Disc Brake Road Bike
For a disc brake road bike, the ROUX R8 is hard to beat! The R8 is a high quality road bike with disc brakes and a top specification.
The mountain bike fraternity have long recognised the advantages of using disc brakes to improve performance and increase safety. With the added improvements of reduction in weight and improvements in aesthetics, disc brakes are now being adopted on road bikes too.
A disc brake road bike also offers all weather consistency, excellent modulation and the prevention of rim wear.
This means that road bikes with disc brakes are now a serious proposition for both sportive and general use. They are not yet competition legal but certainly they offer a certain competitive advantage.
Key Features :
- Frame: 7005 heat treated alloy. Sloping top tube geometry suited to Sportive and general riding. Integrated disc brake mounts.
- Fork: Vibration damping comes from the carbon construction as well as strength required when using disc brakes
- Gearing: The R8 has traditional double compact chainrings (50-34) and 8 speed shimano cassette at the rear (12-25). Closer ratios help you retain momentum and cadence as you shift through the gears.
- Controls: Shimano STI integrated levers with Shimano Claris front and rear gears give precise indexing on every shift.
- Tape: Gel infused for extra comfort.
- Wheels: 32 spoke alloy triple chamber rims, road cassette hubs and 25mm wide tyres. A strong wheel package.