The 2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite 29 proves that you can still have a fast and lightweight 29er platform without sacrificing the peace of mind that comes with a tough alloy frame.
The FSR Elite Stumpy uses Specialized’s own M5 alloy, which is strong, stiff and won’t hold you back on those ascents. The SRAM X1 1x11 gears will get you up the hills and the Shimano SLX brakes will get you back down them. The 135mm of rear wheel travel is controlled by a custom Fox Float Factory CTD with a Kashima coating, and the 140mm front is gived by a RockShox Pike RC.
The Specialized Stumpjumper name has been on the scene for nearly 35 years, and that’s not by accident. Since the first Stumpjumper FSR back in 1994, Specialized’s continued innovation and evolution of the original 4 bar linkage has resulted in one of the handling trail bikes on the market. The Stumpy is available on interest free finance (0%) with flexible deposit options from £0.
- M5 alloy Trail Chassis with Stumpjumper FSR rear end blends durability, stiffness, and lightweight, while 135mm of travel Trail 29 Geometry provide more than capable handling.
- Connected with the FSR 6-Pack Linkage, a custom FOX FLOAT Factory rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy setup and 135mm of plush, adjustable suspension, while the Rx Trail Tune gives a more supple, responsive, and efficient feel for climbing up and descending down the trail.
- RockShox Pike RC 29 fork features a 15mm Maxle Ultimate thru-axle and 140mm of plush travel to take on big hits and bumpy terrain with supreme confidence and efficiency.
- 29x2.3 Specialized Butcher Control front tyre inspires confidence through any terrain.
- 29x2.3 Specialized Purgatory Control rear tyre delivers reliable traction over a diverse section of soils and conditions.
- Command Post IRcc seatpost features 12 positions of up to 125mm of height adjustability for a more customizable position, ultimately resulting in more control and increased handling on both climbs and descents.