At Kona, we’re very good at creating mountain bikes that create mountain bikers. It’s what drives us in many respects. Case in point is our longest-running models. With a new fit geometry that’s comfortable, confidence-inspiring and so much fun, the Fire Mountain will set you down a trail you’ll never want to stop riding.
A from-the-ground-up re-think of our hardtail mountain bikes. First, we’re introducing size increments that ensure we hit every type of rider. Now you can get closer to having a custom fit between a size structure (S, M, L, XL) that’s consistent across our entire range of mountain bikes. New aspects of the geometry are related to the ride and handling, with slacker head tube angles, lower bottom brackets and shorter chainstays. The result is a more capable bike for more challenging terrain, without comprising speed and efficiency when under power.
- Frame Material: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Wheel Size: Four sizes in 27.5 and XS size in 26
- Wheels: Double wall rims
- Front Suspension: 100mm
- Fork: Suntour XCR 32 fork with lockout and rebound adjust
- Crankset: SRAM S600
- Drivetrain: Shimano HG200 11-34t 9-speed
- Cockpit: Kona Aluminum riser bar, Kona Control stem, Kona Race Light grips
- Brakes: Tektro hydraulic disc
- Tires: Kenda Slant Six 27.5/26x2.1
- Saddle: Kona XC