For those bent on going lightning quick through wilderness and over great distance, destroying all comers who may steal your title, we give you the all-new Kahuna DDL. A complete frame redesign and top-drawer components infuses our legendary XC 29-inch hardtail racer with new weaponry when it comes to control, efficiency and speed. Stiff, light and tight.
An entirely new frame design highlights the 2016 Kahuna DDL, representing a from-the-ground-up re-think of our hardtail mountain bikes. First, we’re introducing size increments that ensure we hit every type of rider. Now you can get closer to having a custom fit between a size structure (S, M, L, XL) that’s consistent across our entire range of mountain bikes. New aspects of the geometry are related to the ride and handling, with slacker head tube angles, lower bottom brackets and shorter chainstays. The result is a more capable bike for more challenging terrain, without comprising speed and efficiency when under power. The Kahuna DDL also features an entirely new frameset highlighted by clean aesthetics and featherweight fabrication.
- Frame Material: Kona Race Light 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Wheel Size: 29-inch
- Wheels: WTB STp i19 TCS
- Front Suspension: 100mm
- Fork: RockShox Recon Gold TK Solo Air 100mm tapered QR15
- Crankset: RaceFace Æffect
- Drivetrain: Shimano HG50 11-36t 10-speed
- Cockpit: Kona XC/BC riser bar, Kona XC/BC stem, Kona Race Light LOG grips
- Brakes: Shimano Deore
- Tires: Maxxis Ikon EXO TR 29x2.2
- Saddle: WTB Volt Sport SE