You race on the weekends and battle with your buddies every Tuesday. In between, you’re ripping through fantastic miles of sweet singletrack. Meet your new best friend. A complete frame redesign infuses our legendary XC 29-inch hardtail racer with new weaponry when it comes to comfort, control and speed.
Featuring the same all-new front triangle as the Kahuna DDL and Honzo, the Kahuna DL represents a from-the-ground-up re-think of our hardtail mountain bikes. First, we’re introducing size increments that ensure we hit every type of rider. Now you can get closer to having a custom fit between a size structure (S, M, L, XL) that’s consistent across our entire range of mountain bikes. New aspects of the geometry are related to the ride and handling, with slacker head tube angles, lower bottom brackets and shorter chainstays. The result is a more capable bike for more challenging terrain, without comprising speed and efficiency when under power.
- Frame Material: Kona Race Light 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Wheel Size: 29-inch
- Wheels: WTB SX 19
- Front Suspension: 100mm
- Fork: RockShox Recon Gold TK Solo Air 100mm tapered QR15
- Crankset: RaceFace Ride
- Drivetrain: Shimano HG50 11-36t 10-speed
- Cockpit: Kona XC/BC riser bar, Kona XC/BC stem, Kona Race Light LOG grips
- Brakes: Shimano Deore
- Tires: Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2
- Saddle: WTB Volt Sport SE