Our top-of-the-line XC dual-suspension race bike sees an entirely new frame design for 2016. Perfect for riders vying for podium spots on everything from stage races to XCO crits. Our new Fuse Independent Suspension facilitates a progressive, efficient ride feel that excels on the ups and destroys the downs. A light, low-slung alloy frame and top-drawer components make this the fastest XC dually we’ve ever made.
The new Hei Hei platform centers around our new Fuse Independent Suspension—a clean, simple design that eliminates a pivot at the chainstay seatstay interface to create a lighter, stiffer ride feel. The frame itself features low-slung frame weight and excellent standover, highlighted by a rider fit that incorporates a short stem, long front center and compact rear triangle. Overall an extremely capable, light, quick, and performance-savvy cross-country dual-suspension frame design.
- Frame Material: Kona Race Light 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Wheel Size: 29-inch
- Wheels: WTB Frequency Race i23 rims
- KIS Platform: Fuse Independent Suspension
- Rear/Front Suspension: 100mm/100mm
- Fork: RockShox Reba RL 100mm w/lockout QR15 tapered
- Shock: RockShox Monarch RL
- Crankset: RaceFace Æffect cinch 1.x
- Drivetrain: New SRAM GX 1 x 11sp transmission
- Cockpit: Kona XC/BC 35 riser bar, Kona XC/Road 35 stem, ODI Ruffian MX grips
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RS
- Tires: Maxxlite race tires 29x2.0”
- Saddle: WTB Volt Comp