Designed specifically for riders looking to step off of their hardtail and dive deeper into Trail riding. Taking design cues from our Process line, the Precept 120 offers a comfortable, confident, pedal-friendly frame design that’s fun on trails ranging from smooth to technical.
“Its performance reaches far beyond its price point.” – Switchback Magazine
Featuring a new tubeset and fit geometry that matches the Process line, Kona’s 2016 Precept framesets now feature long reach, short stem, long front center, good standover and a compact rear triangle. The Swinger Independent Suspension platform also sees its leverage rate curve refined to improve overall performance: more consistent in the beginning, with an overall more intuitive and predictable feel.
- Frame Material: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Wheel Size: 27.5-inch
- Wheels: WTB SX23
- KIS Platform: Swinger Independent Suspension
- Rear/Front Suspension: 120mm/120mm
- Fork: Rock Shox XC 30 120mm
- Shock: Fastrax
- Crankset: Shimano Deore
- Drivetrain: Shimano Acera 11-34t 9-speed
- Cockpit: Kona XC/BC bar and stem, Kona race light grips
- Brakes: Tektro HDC-M291
- Tires: Maxxis Ardent 27.5x2.25
- Saddle: Kona XC