It’s one of the most radically capable bikes in our lineup. If your legs and lungs are there, you’ll keep up with honchos on carbon bling bikes. Modeled around the Process 134, the Precept 130 (formerly the Precept DL) flourishes on everything from technical descents to flowy climbs. Performance, value and fun. A bike that will take you as far as you want to go.
“This thing kind of rails.” - NSMB
Featuring a new tubeset and fit geometry that matches the Process line, Kona’s 2016 Precept framesets now feature long reach, short stem, long front center, good standover and a compact rear triangle. The Swinger Independent Suspension platform also sees its leverage rate curve refined to improve overall performance: more consistent in the beginning, with an overall more intuitive and predictable feel.
- Frame Material: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Wheel Size: 27.5-inch
- Wheels: WTB SX23
- KIS Platform: Swinger Independent Suspension
- Rear/Front Suspension: 130mm/140mm
- Fork: RockShox Sektor Silver TK Solo Air 140mm QR15 tapered
- Shock: Rockshox Monarch R DebonAir
- Crankset: Shimano Deore
- Drivetrain: Shimano Acera 11-34t 9-speed
- Cockpit: Kona XC/BC bar and stem, Kona S-LOG grips
- Brakes: Shimano Acera
- Tires: Maxxis Ardent 27.5x2.25
- Saddle: Kona XC