A brand new model for 2016, the Precept 150 has been added to the platform as a capable alternative to the Process 153. Geometry, suspension control and components have been incorporated to hold up to heavy trail abuse without hurting your pocketbook.
Featuring a new tubeset and fit geometry that matches the Process line, Kona’s 2016 Precept framesets now feature long reach, short stem, long front center, good standover and a compact rear triangle. The Swinger Independent Suspension platform also sees its leverage rate curve refined to improve overall performance: more consistent in the beginning, with an overall more intuitive and predictable feel.
- Frame Material: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Wheel Size: 27.5-inch
- Wheels: WTB SX25
- KIS Platform: Swinger Independent Suspension
- Rear/Front Suspension: 150mm/150mm
- Fork: RockShox Sektor Solo Air 150mm QR15
- Shock: RockShox Monarch RL
- Crankset: SRAM S1000
- Drivetrain: SRAM PG1020 11-36t 10-speed
- Cockpit: Kona XC/BC riser bar, Kona 40mm stem, Kona S-LOG grips
- Brakes: Shimano hydraulic disc brakes
- Tires: Maxxis High Roller II 27.5x2.40
- Saddle: Kona XC