The return of the beast!
Our legendary Beast of the East is reborn as a confidence-inspiring, ridiculously fun 27+ hardtail. All that traction, float and confidence that make it great for our tangled Welsh forests also make it great anywhere the trails go up stuff, down stuff, over or around stuff. Let the good times roll!
Skilled riders looking to take on more challenging terrain. Newbie riders looking for the most forgiving, confidence-inspiring way to learn new skills.
Key Features :
- A maximum traction, maximum fun, trail hardtail
- Great for shredders and newbies alike.
- The rebirth of a legend.
- 27. 5 + Tyres - This new standard changes the way hardtails perform over rough terrain. 27.5+ offers the rolling diameter of a 29er for an incredible angle of approach. The added width gives you an incredible contact patch that lets you grip the corners like never before, float over nasty rocks and roots and hit the roughest lines with confidence.
- Designed For 27+ - Unlike many 27+ bikes out there which are really just repurposed 29’ers running 2.8 tyres, the Beast of the East is designed specifically for 27+. Room for full 3.0 tyres, Ai drivetrain, short chainstays and dialled geometry means better performance and more fun.
- AI (Asymmetric Integration) Drivetrain - Our Ai technology allows us to fit those big 3.0 tyres and still keep our chainstays short and nimble. By asymmetrically offsetting the rear triangle and moving the drivetrain 6mm to the right, we gain clearance for the tyres without wrecking the q-factor. As a bonus, the rear wheels ends up being stiffer and stronger thanks to even spoke angles.
- Smartformed Alloy Frame - Cannondale’s storied Aluminium histor y continues with the Beast of the East. The SmartFormed alloy frame has been tweaked to be light and responsive, features Save stays for added comfort and adds tech with the new flat mount brake for reduced weight with increased heel clearance.
- 120MM Forks - A bike this capable deserves a bit more travel than you’d expect on a hardtail.
- Fun Trail Set-Up - A 68.5 degree head angle, short chainstays and a 120mm fork combine to allow the Beast of the East ridden hard over the nastiest terrain. The slack trail geo pairs nicely with wide 760mm bars and a 60mm stem for total control and fun confidence.
- Internal Dropper Routing - Clean, internal routing through the seat tube for dropper posts