The Future Of XC
To create the fastest XC race rocket the world has ever seen, you’ve got to think a little differently. From its asymmetrically offset rear triangle and drivetrain to its new-school geometry and custom offset Lefty, ever y part of the F-Si was designed as a System, fully Integrated in the pure pursuit of speed.
For XC racers and hardtail purists looking to gain time on their rivals in every section of the course.
Key Features :
- A fully System Integrated approach to race-winning speed.
- Designed with the unique Ai offset rear triangle and drivetrain for category-leading efficiency, traction and clearance.
- The best handling hardtail in the world, thanks to the custom offset Lefty and System Geometry.
- Asymmetric Integration (Ai) Drivetrain - Our Ai design shifts the drivetrain and rear triangle to the right by 6mm. This creates an ultra stiff rear wheel by reducing dish, and delivers the shortest chainstays on the market, dual chainring compatibility, tons of mud clearance, and a super responsive rear end.
- Stiffer Rear Wheel - By keeping the rim and tyre in line with the centreline of the bike, but shifting the hub and cogs 6mm to the right, we make the spoke angles more even on both sides, creating a stronger wheel that’s up to 60% stiffer than a conventionally laced wheel, while using a standard rim and normal 135mm hub.
- Super Short Chainstays - The Ai system allows for incredibly short chainstays (429mm -29 and 425mm - 27.5), which moves the rear wheel for ward to be more under the rider, resulting in exceptional lateral stiffness and race-winning traction.
- Ai Hollowgr AM Spider - The F-Si spider moves the chainrings out 6mm to match the rear triangle with no change in Q-factor. This enables the super short chainstays while giving ample mud clearance for the tyre and maintaining double and single ring compatibility.
- System Geometry - Up front, the progressively slack 69.5° head angle gives the stability needed to attack on rough, fast descents, while the Lefty features increased fork offsets (55mm for 29 and 50mm for 27.5 ) to reduce trail and keep the steering quick and nimble in slower, tight, technical sections. In back, the super short chainstays make the bike extremely agile for technical manuverability and crazy traction.
- Fit-Focused Wheel Diameters - To achieve the best possible fit for all riders, size small is designed around 27.5 wheels, while M thru XL get 29
- Save 2 Seatpost - The all-new SAVE seatpost has been redesigned to save almost 50 grams and deliver 20% more deflection. It has a more linear deflection cur ve, which means more comfort, especially for lighter riders, while maintaining strength for max loads.
- Ballistec Carbon - Our proprietary carbon construction method pairs ultra strong military armoring fibres with high strength resins and a tightly controlled network of high-modulus stiffening fibres to deliver ultra light frames with exceptional strength and ride-feel. Oh yeah, and lifetime warranties...