Join The Aluminati.
We’ve done it again. As the rest of the industry was trying to figure out how to make an aluminium race bike as good as the CAAD10, we’ve taken a quantum leap all the way to CAAD12, a road bike so light, so stiff and so smooth that it’s going to fundamentally change the way people think of aluminium performance. It is simply the world’s finest aluminium road racing machine.
Aspiring racers, fast club riders and anyone else looking for a high-performance alternative to carbon.
Key Features :
- The most sophisticated, highest performance aluminium race bike ever made.
- Lighter, stiffer, and smoother riding than many elite carbon frames.
- Up to 170 grams lighter, and over 50% more comfortable than the incredible CAAD10.
- Flow-Modeled Smartformed 6069 Alloy Construction - CAAD12 is the first bike to be designed with our new Flow Modeling process and the results are striking. Flowing, organic shapes that yield lower weights (sub-1100 gram frame weights for both disc and non-disc) and radically improved compliance, while maintaining our trademark frame stiffness.
- Updated Speed Save Microsuspension - CAAD12 delivers over 50% more compliance and comfort than CAAD10! CAAD12’s seat stays and chain stays have been completely redesigned to allow them to have even more vertical deflection, but stay stiff laterally and torsionally. This lets the rear wheel track the ground, improving speed, cornering, grip and comfort. New 25.4mm seatpost and re-engineered seat tube offer significantly more seated comfort than CAAD10.
- 3 All-New Speed Save Fork - Rim Brake CAAD12 gets an all-new fork. Radical onepiece BallisTec carbon construction. Continuous, uncut carbon from tip of dropouts to top of steerer, 1-1/8to 1-1/4 tapered steerer with in-molded crown race. The Hi-MOD version weighs just 290 grams. 6.1% increase in lateral stiffness. 12.5% increase in compliance. Disc Brake CAAD12 uses our proven full carbon disc fork, with post mount.
- Braze-On Disc Mounts (Patent Pending) - CAAD12’s minimalist flat-mount disc mounts are not only ultra light (the disc frame is actually a few grams lighter than the non-disc one!) but they are incredibly strong. They’re such an advantage that we patented the design!
- Elite Race Geometry - Unlike much of the competition at these price points, the CAAD12 is a thoroughbred racer. Its geometry is virtually identical to our SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD for razorsharp cornering and aggressive race positioning.
- Delta Seat Tube - For increased stiffness, the seat tube flares to a dramatically wide, ovalized section where it meets the BB.