For A Ridiculously Good Time, Start With A Clean Slate.
Slate is the bike you never knew you always wanted. It seems like a fever dream. It ain’t no dull gravel grinder, it’s a full-tilt road bike with legit off-road chops. It’s a drop-bar bike with a Lefty front fork. It’s got massive tyres, yet still boasts road bike quickness. It’s like nothing you’ve seen before, and yet somehow, it’s ever ything you hoped it would be. Float over potholes, boost off of curbs, stick impossible lean angles, rail down trails or just bring a little excitement to the next group ride. On Slate, fun is the only mission.
Roadies looking for a new thrill. MTB’ers or action-sports enthusiasts looking for looser, more open definition of road riding. Highly skilled riders looking for new limits to push. Highly unskilled riders looking to build skills without consequences.
Key Features :
- The most absurdly fun road bike ever created.
- The bike for people who want to ride roads without having to road-ride
- The most all-around capable road bike we’ve ever made
- Big Tyres On Small Wheels - 650BX42C - The idea for Slate started with the realization that 650b road wheels with massive 42c tyres offer the same rollout (outer diameter) as a 700x22c wheel/tyre combo. That means we could get the unreal cornering grip and float of big tyres, with proper road bike speed and crazy-good handling.
- Slate’s Full Fun Geometry - Since we didn’t have to compromise the Slate’s geo around big tyres on big wheels, we were free to optimize it to maximize fun in all conditions. Short chainstays keep things lively and agile, while a longer front-centre and slacker head angle give the stability needed for rough roads and offroad excursions. Rider position fits right between the full aggressiveness of Elite Race and the more upright Endurance.
- Lefty Oliver - Designed to be ridden all-over, the Oliver is built specifically for Slate. 30mm of travel, with heavily tuned low speed compression damping and a unique COG (Coil over Gas) negative spring to minimize bobbing. PBR on-the-fly lockout and rebound adjustment. Carbon outer structure and OPI forged alloy inner leg. It’s the most capable front suspension the road has ever seen.
- Save Plus Micro -Suspension System - The dramatic shaping of the seat stays and chainstays on the Slate provide a great balance of big bump-eating capability and rock solid rigidity. Just what you need when blasting down rocky trails or potholed streets.
- Dropper Post Compatible - Nothing inspires confidence like a dropper post, and with 27.2mm diameter posts and internal dropper routing, it’s an easy upgrade to make.
- Syntace 142X12 Thru-Axle - Thru-axle design boosts stiffness. Threads integrated into replaceable derailleur hanger.
- Braze-On Disc Caliper Mount - Super tidy, ultra-light and extremely strong, our patent-pending braze-on mount is designed for the new low-profile flat-mount brakes.