Spirited rides with the group, taking the long way home on the daily commute, or enjoying that charity ride in blissful comfort, the Synapse Alloy is built for enjoying the miles, at whichever pace you choose.
The ideal first road bike for someone looking for comfort, performance, versatility and value in equal measure.
Key Features :
- Equipped with disc brakes on several models for great stopping and control.
- Uncannily smooth, thanks to its refined SAVE PLUS micro-suspension.
- Versatile for commuting and wet weather training with rack mounts and extra clearance for fenders ( The Adventure model comes ready to roll with custom painted matching fenders.
- Save Plus Alloy Micro - Suspension - By flattening and butting the chain stays and triaxially forming the seat stays, we create a rear stay assembly that allows significant deflection vertically to absorb road shock and vibration, while staying extremely rigid laterally for power transfer and confident cornering.
- Endurance Geometry - Compared with our Elite race geometr y, the Synapse geometry features a taller head tube (2-2.5 cm taller), gently sloping top tube, slightly relaxed head angle and longer wheelbase. This combination gives a more upright riding position and a lively, yet stable feel. It’s confidence inspiring and relaxing but avoids the sluggish feel and awkward handling of many comfort road bikes.
- Optimized 6061 Alloy Construction - Cannondale’s legendary double-pass smooth welds join optimally shaped taper-butted tubes for a great combination of svelte light weight, stiffness and durability.
- Carbon Bladed Fork - Carbon fork blades with integrated SAVE features give additional comfort and sharp handling.
- BB30 System - Cannondale invented BB30 15 years ago to take crank and frame performance to the next level and it has become THE industry standard for stiffness and light weight. Found on both the 105 and Tiagra equipped models
- Rack and Fender Mounts - Subtle, understated rack and fender mounts add versatility.
- Disc Brakes - Several models feature the great stopping power and wet weather control of disc brakes.