What started as serious fun has quickly become a serious change to what we want out of bike. The fat revolution is here, and with races becoming more and more prevalent, we knew that our much-heralded Fatboy could stand to go on a diet. Introducing the new S-Works Fatboy Carbon. It features an immaculate, FACT carbon fibre construction with internal cable routing to ensure that it’s light, stiff, and ready for nasty elements. We then spec’d it with SRAM’s venerable one-by groupset, XX1, for dependable shifting, and then kept the carbon train rolling with lightweight carbon wheels from HED. Altogether, it’s a revolution within the revolution, sparing no expense in delivering the ultimate in fat performance.
- An immaculate, FACT carbon fibre construction ensures that the frame is lightweight and plenty stiff in all the right places. Internal cable routing is also incorporated; ensuring that slush, sand, snow, or dirt will have no bearing on performance out on the trail.
- A FACT carbon fibre fork gives tons of compliance and absorbs chatter, while simultaneously keeping the overall weight of the bike down.
- HED Big Deal carbon wheels are light, fast, and 85mm-wide to make sure that you get all the traction and floatation that fat bikes are known for, only without a weight penalty or having to make any sacrifices to climbing prowess.
- 26x.4.0 Fast Trak Control tyres make short work out of any trail condition. They accelerate fast, while giving a game-changing level of traction, control, and floatation for better handling out in the wild.
- SRAM’s XX1 crankset leads the way in the drivetrain department, providing a simplified, efficient, and almost impossible to drop your chain kind of ride quality.