The Clubman is the epitome of the club cycling tradition firmly rooted in British sporting culture. In the heyday of this noble pastime, one bicycle would be used for many purposes, anything from short distance city rides to the thrill of time trials and the challenges of touring across the country or even the world. Here at Pashley we have strived to distill the very best of this tradition into a reliable and beautiful modern bicycle. Indeed, the use of legendary Reynolds 531 steel with investment cast lugs was the choice of the men of this era, offering a perfect balance between weight and performance through an elegantly refined aesthetic.
The Clubman Country is the fully equipped version of the Clubman, which has been specially designed for the multipurpose style of the club era. The 16 speed derailleur gears allow you to tackle even the most gruelling of climbs, and the classic centre-pull brakes give you the control you need at high speed. It also comes equipped with full stainless steel mudguards as standard and with a full complement of braze-ons for bottle cages, a rear rack and a pump, meaning you can be kitted out for national or even international touring events. Couple this with luxuries like the Brooks Swift leather saddle and beautiful downtube shifters and you have the pinnacle of club cycling excellence that is inimitable in its quality.
Key Features :
- 16 speed Shimano derailleur gears: Versatile gearing allowing you to tackle all inclines as well as cruise on the flat. With traditional downtube indexed gear levers like the classic ‘ten-speeds’ ridden by pros and club cyclists until the end of the 1980s.
- Brass ‘ping’ bell: A classic bell that is a refined addition to any bicycle. The bell has a domed shape body with a simple sprung finger mechanism that sounds out a clear ‘ting’ to let others know you’re approaching. The bell can be attached to either the handlebars or the stem.
- Classic centre-pull brakes with lightweight levers and gum-rubber hoods: Due to their increased power over side-pull brakes, centre-pulls were favoured by the original cycling tourists and were also de-rigueur for club cyclists up to the end of the 1970s. Still powerful today, these brakes are made on the original tooling and paired with lightweight levers with gum-rubber hoods to complete the period look.
- Classic drop handlebars: Versatile bars that allow for switching between a semi-upright to an aerodynamic riding position. Finished with traditional leather bar tape.
- Skin wall tyres with extra puncture protection: A touring and urban tyre with excellent ‘all-round’ tread patterns, and an inner Kevlar guard for extra puncture protection. Skin sidewalls are more flexible than standard carbon black, which helps to reduce rolling resistance.
- Sleek stainless steel mudguards: highly polished and made from corrosion resistant stainless steel.
- Traditional Brooks ’Swift’ Saddle with titanium rails: The handsome ’Swift’ is a lightweight saddle with delicately hand-skived lower sides for greater comfort whilst pedalling. With as titanium chassis, it’s one of the lightest saddles in the range. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. Finished with large hand-beaten copper rivets, and handy loops on the rear for luggage attachment.
- Traditionally hand-built Reynolds 531 lightweight steel frame with investment-cast, fine cut-away lugs: A classic touring frame with a versatile riding position. Built using 100 year old traditional methods, with original lightweight Reynolds butted 531 tubing hand-brazed into fine cut-away lugs. Finished with pointed wrap around top eyes featuring the Pashley name in relief, and matching lugged and brazed raked fork. Cast drop-outs with mudguard eyes and a full compliment of braze-ons for the fitment of a rear pannier carrier and a frame-fitted pump
- Classic bottle cages: Two classic cages with leather grip detailing. Effective design to keep your refreshment bottle secure on the move.
- Pedals with traditional toe-clips and leather straps: keep your feet in securely place, helping to transfer your pedal-power more efficiently.
- Iconic GB chainset: light alloy chainset with classic square fluted crank.
- Double-wall alloy rims with double-butted stainless spokes: Stiffer than standard single-walls, double-wall rims give added strength without increased weight. Rims also feature a heavy-duty box-section rim profile and double-butted stainless-steel spokes which help relieve impact stress from the rim and build a lighter, more resilient wheel.