The Pathfinder has been created for that perfect combination of all-purpose, all year round bike with a choice of derailleur or hub gears. It effortlessly combines modern geometry and performance with the enviable Pashley aesthetic to create a truly refined bicycle capable of traversing the map whichever route you choose.
Hand-crafted using a specially selected lightweight blend of butted Reynolds 531 and 631 steel tubing and fine-lugged construction, the classic geometry of the Pathfinder gives a dynamic riding style with a light and responsive feel. A longer fork and extended headtube make for a more upright (comfortable) riding position whilst still retaining the classic horizontal toptube. A long wheel base offers comfort and stability when loaded with panniers and the steering geometry gives predictable control over rougher ground.
Overall performance is enchanced by powerful disc brakes - renowned for being ‘the best in their class’ – coupled with quality contact points provided by a Brooks Cambium Saddle and bar tape.
The Pathfinder ‘Tour’ model is built with the longer adventure in mind, but with the versatility to strip all accessories for a brisk Sunday ride, or to dash across town on the morning commute. The Campagnolo Veloce groupset provides efficiency as well as speed, and unique stainless steel dropout plates offer a sleek and protective finishing touch. The specially selected Continental Gatorskin tyres are renowned for their puncture resistance as well as their exceptional performance in wet or wintery conditions; the perfect choice for jumping between the road and the grit & gravel, or wherever the path takes you!
Key Features :
- Traditionally hand-crafted lightweight frame formed with 531 and 631 Reynolds steel and investment-cast lugs: Hand-crafted using a specially selected lightweight blend of butted Reynolds tubing - 531 for the main tubes and chainstays and 631 for the seat stay and fork - along with modern geometry and traditional, fine-lugged construction. Forks formed with investment cast crown and dropouts, and blades specifically designed for the additional stresses of disc brakes. Equipped with braze-ons for a 4 point rear carrier, low rider (fork mounted) front carrier, mudguards, and 2x bottle cages.
- Versatile frame with dynamic and comfortable riding position: Classic geometry for dynamic riding with light and responsive riding style. Longer fork (axle to crown measurement) and extended headtube make for a more upright (comfortable) riding position whilst still retaining the classic horizontal toptube. Long wheel base offers comfort and stability when loaded with panniers and the steering geometry provides predictable control over rougher ground.
- 20 Speed Campagnolo Veloce groupset: Wide-ranging Campagnolo Vecloe allows you to tackle the steepest inclines, and cruise with ease on the flat (32-104 gear inches, 50-34T chainset, 13-29 cassette). Combined with Campagnolo’s Ergopower 2x10 shifters and the super precise Veloce derailleur, this classic groupset is made for efficiency as well as speed.
- Classic bend handlebar: Versatile bars that allow for switching between a semi-upright to an aerodynamic riding position. Finished with Brooks organic cotton handlebar tape and natural rubber end plugs for steadfast closure.
- Powerful disc brakes with dual actuation: Regarded as the best in their class, the TRP Spyre disc brakes use dual piston cable actuation giving even and precise clamping force. This translates into even pad wear and, with a simple cable barrel adjuster, the pads can be adjusted easily and hassle free. They provide consistent braking in all conditions (are less effected by wet weather/mud etc.); vital for predictable braking, especially when loaded for touring.
- Lightweight, disc-specific anodised aluminium rims with double-butted stainless spokes: Anodised aluminium, disc-specific eyletted rims with double-butted stainless spokes and high quality hubs (featuring sealed cartridge bearings and an alloy cassette body). Dependable 32 hole spoke lacing offers comfort and durability in a lightweight package (900g front, 980g rear).
- Protective stainless steel dropout plates: Replaceable protective stainless steel dropout faces, to help prevent damage to the paintwork and frame.
- Robust tyres with extra puncture protection: A durable, fast yet tough tyre. It features a polymide mesh which provides a highly effective shield over the entire tyre casing, helping prevent cuts, punctures and abrasions. It also has an internal polyester breaker layer directly under the tread for additional puncture protection adding to the longevity of the tyre; you’ll worry less about grit and gravel with such protection. In addition, the slick natural rubber tread is designed to perform exceptionally in wet or wintery conditions.
- Sleek painted stainless steel mudguards: highly corrosion resistant, painted stainless steel mudguards.
- Brooks C17 Cambium Rubber/Cotton Saddle: Made from vulcanized natural rubber and organic cotton enhanced by a thin layer of structural textile for added resilience and legendary Brooks longevity. The uniquely flexible, maintenance-free, waterproof top is designed to follow the rider’s movements for immediate comfort and ease of use. With rear luggage loops.