The Pathfinder has been created for that perfect combination of all-purpose, all year round bike with a choice of derailleur or hub gears. It effortlessly combines modern geometry and performance with the enviable Pashley aesthetic to create a truly refined bicycle capable of traversing the map whichever route you choose.
Hand-crafted using a specially selected lightweight blend of butted Reynolds 531 and 631 steel tubing and fine-lugged construction, the classic geometry of the Pathfinder gives a dynamic riding style with a light and responsive feel. A longer fork and extended headtube make for a more upright (comfortable) riding position whilst still retaining the classic horizontal toptube. A long wheel base offers comfort and stability when loaded with panniers and the steering geometry gives predictable control over rougher ground.
Overall performance is enchanced by powerful disc brakes - renowned for being ‘the best in their class’ – coupled with quality contact points provided by a Brooks Cambium Saddle and bar tape.
The Pathfinder ‘Trail’ model is built with a wide-ranging Shimano Alfine 8 hub enclosed gearing system, making for virtually maintenance free riding and flawless gear changing, unaffected by mud and grit. This is complimented by Continental Cyclocross Speed tyres that allow a fast on-road experience yet offer grip on gravel. These features give you the freedom to discover the green lanes and tracks that criss-cross the countryside, or equally dart around the urban environment. And, should you ever desire, the frame has a full complement of braze-ons required to switch from hub gear to derailleur or ‘fixie’.
Key Features :
- Traditionally hand-crafted lightweight frame formed with 531 and 631 Reynolds steel and investment-cast lugs: Hand-crafted using a specially selected lightweight blend of butted Reynolds tubing - 531 for the main tubes and chainstays and 631 for the seat stay and fork - along with modern geometry and traditional, fine-lugged construction. Forks formed with investment cast crown and dropouts, and blades specifically designed for the additional stresses of disc brakes. Equipped with braze-ons for a 4 point rear carrier, low rider (fork mounted) front carrier, mudguards, and 2x bottle cages.
- Versatile frame with dynamic and comfortable riding position: Classic geometry for dynamic riding with light and responsive riding style. Longer fork (axle to crown measurement) and extended headtube make for a more upright (comfortable) riding position whilst still retaining the classic horizontal toptube. Long wheel base offers comfort and stability when loaded with panniers and the steering geometry provides predictable control over rougher ground.
- Classic bend handlebar: Versatile bars that allow for switching between a semi-upright to an aerodynamic riding position. Finished with Brooks organic cotton handlebar tape and natural rubber end plugs for steadfast closure.
- 8 Speed Shimano Alfine hub gears: Wide-ranging and versatile Shimano Alfine, with its effortless operation, allows you to ride the roads with pace and equally tackle the toughest bridleway climbs (28-86 gear inches, 39/20T chainring/sprocket). As an enclosed gearing system makes for virtually maintenance free riding, flawless gear changes unaffected by mud and grit. Paired to a simple lightweight bar-end shifter.
- Powerful disc brakes with dual actuation: Regarded as the best in their class, the TRP Spyre disc brakes use dual piston cable actuation giving even and precise clamping force. This translates into even pad wear and, with a simple cable barrel adjuster, the pads can be adjusted easily and hassle free. They provide consistent braking in all conditions (are less effected by wet weather/mud etc.); vital for predictable braking, especially when loaded for touring.
- Lightweight, disc-specific anodised aluminium rims with double-butted stainless spokes: Anodised aluminium, disc-specific eyletted rims with double-butted stainless spokes and high quality hubs (featuring sealed cartridge bearings and an alloy cassette body). Dependable 32 hole spoke lacing offers comfort and durability in a lightweight package.
- Full compliment of braze-ons for frame versatility: the frame has all the necessary braze-ons required to switch from hub gear to derailleur or ‘fixie’ should you desire.
- Robust and verstaile Cyclocross tyre for both road and gravel riding: Robust Cyclocross tyre with diamond central tread and shallow outboard knobbles allows a fast on-road experience yet offers grip on grit and gravel surface. The large volume provides comfort over rougher roads.
- Unique adjustable dropout: unique adjustable Pashley dropout enables chain tension adjustment and simple wheel removal of a hub geared wheel with disc brakes.
- Brooks C17 Cambium Rubber/Cotton Saddle: Made from vulcanized natural rubber and organic cotton enhanced by a thin layer of structural textile for added resilience and legendary Brooks longevity. The uniquely flexible, maintenance-free, waterproof top is designed to follow the rider’s movements for immediate comfort and ease of use. With rear luggage loops.