As the name might suggest, the Roadster 26 shares its heritage with our classic Roadster but has been specifically adapted for the shorter gentleman, or indeed anyone who would benefit from an increased ease of mounting. It employs smaller 26 inch wheels and has a lower bottom bracket, but the Roadster 26 retains all the refinement and elegance of the traditional British town bicycle.
The handmade Brooks B72 leather saddle lets you ride in the utmost comfort, and the combination of a fully enclosed chaincase and enamelled mudguards keeps you clean and looking good as you enjoy the smooth experience. Its elegance is matched by the quality of components, such as the reliable hub brakes and Schwalbe puncture resistant tyres, all of which bring the very best of modern technology to this most iconic of cycles.
For further customisation there are two versions of this model: the Roadster 26 Classic, with 3 speed hub gears for lightweight reliability and simplicity, and the Sovereign, which features 5 speed hub gears for all terrains, a handy frame-fitted lock and a front dynamo headlamp that never needs batteries. The Roadster 26 can therefore be seen as the best of old fashioned gentlemanly cycling but with the benefits of a smaller frame and high end modern componentry, giving you a lifetime of riding pleasure.
Key Features :
- Smaller Roadster frame with classic geometry and elegant upright riding position: Comfortable ’sit up and beg’ style upright riding position that allows you a good view of other road users and the scenery, and the added bonus of encouraging a healthy posture. With a lower bottom bracket and correspondingly lower stand-over height for ease of mounting and dismounting. The frame is hand-built using 100 year old traditional methods - with tubing hand-brazed into lugs - for the attention to detail that only a frame crafted by hand can possess.
- Large ’ding-dong’ bell: lovely and loud, announce your arrival with Pashley’s splendid ‘ding-dong’ bell.
- Classic 3 speed hub gears: With a traditional easy-to-use thumb gear lever, they allow you to glide along flatter terrain with ease and climb inclines at a gentle pace. Fully enclosed gear system that requires minimal maintenance.
- Reflectors for added visibility: front, rear, tyre and pedal reflectors all help to keep you safer on the road at night.
- Low maintenance hub brakes and gears: enclosed and sealed from all weathers, hub brakes and gears are long-lasting and robust and give excellent stopping power come rain or shine.
- Traditional style mudguards: with beautiful hand-applied gold-line detail, they protect you from unsightly mud splashes, giving all-weather practicality.
- Traditional Brooks B72 leather sprung saddle: Classically sprung for supreme comfort. First released in 1935, it’s a lightweight touring saddle with unique loop springs incorporated within the saddle. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. With handy rear luggage loops.
- Classic frame-fitted pump: a traditional design in highly polished chrome, it fits securely to the cycle frame via integrated pump-pegs; easily at-hand when your tyres need an extra top-up of air.
- Protective chainguard: a streamlined chainguard that protects you from greasy oil marks, and helps prevent your attire from catching in the chain.
- Classic tyres with puncture protection: a reliable tyre with a puncture protection insert, and a tread design that allows for secure contact with the road surface but with a low rolling resistance.