The Initial-D is a lightweight, disc brake, carbon fibre frame and fork set with compact geometry equally ideal for long days in the saddle or chasing those KOM efforts.
Designed and developed in conjunction with one of the World’s leading carbon frame factories the Identiti Initial-D is uses Japanese pre-preg carbon fibre, cut and then hand-laid into uniquely shaped mould profiles to give an optimised combination of lightning fast acceleration and compliant ride.
- Sloping top tube - Increases stand over as well as seat post compliance for comfort on long days in the saddle.
- Thin twin seat stays – Sleek twin seat stays create a laterally stiffer rear triangle whilst improving overall comfort.
- Dynamic downtube profile – Following on from our tradition bi-oval downtube historically found on our aluminium hardtails, the Initial D has a wider bottom bracket area and large diameter chainstays for stiffness and power transfer, and taller at the headtube for confidence when turning into corners at speed.
- Worldwide cable routing – Internal cable routing both UK and worldwide routing. Often missed out by our competitors and allows for a truly clean finish.
- Threaded 68mm bottom bracket – Let’s not go there, threaded works. It allows for easy installation and set-up.
- 700 x 25c clearance – Clearance for the tyre choice of the pro peloton and the sportive riders alike.
- Tapered Headtube – Adds to front end confidence at speed as well as a bigger bearing for smoother steering.
- Optional caliper brake option – What’s that? Yup, you can run traditional caliper brakes on it too if you’re not quite ready for disc brakes.
- 130mm spaced drop outs – The feature to top them all. The Initial-D features 130mm drop outs as well as a short 430mm chain stay, which when coupled with disc brakes, keeps traditional road chain line, as well as very agile handing, but also no problem for setting up the most common drivetrain components.
- Smoke black finish – Super suave semi translucent black finish, allowing you to admire the 3K carbon fibre we chose to use in manufacture.
- 160mm post mount – 160mm direct mount disc brake calipers chosen for better heat management.
- Weight - Weight – (M 54cm): forks 451g, frames 1064g. Total weight 1,515g (excluding headset)
- Complete - From 7.95kg (Small)