You knew when you planned the ride it would be a long day - a route stacked with grinding climbs and twisting descents, terrible roads with a good amount of who-knows-what-else thrown in. These rides aren’t most people’s idea of fun, but they sure are memorable, monumental, challenging. Is that why you keep going? You suck down another coffee and pull on your shoe covers to hold the weather at bay, it’s going to clear out and warm up in a few hours... Probably. Grab your Avant and do a quick check before rolling into the morning mist. No other machine could better help you endure the hours of rough, exhausting conditions ahead. It’s going to be a long day - and you love it.
- Monocoque Carbon - Avant uses technologically advanced carbon construction techniques so that you can climb faster and ride longer. Orbea Monocoque Performance (OMP) adds high modulus and high strength fibers to a standard layup to improve stiffness-to-weight ratios. Bladder molding with polyurethane headtube and bottom bracket inserts eliminates wrinkles in critical zones, allowing less carbon to be used while maintaining strength.
- Dynamic Structure Comfort - Carbon structure, tubing shapes and frame design are elemental to building a comfortable frame that helps reduce muscle fatigue. Avant's Dynamic Structure provides a smooth, light ride without bulky compromises like tubing inserts and elastomers. The natural flex patterns created by the carbon layup and minimal bulk of the top tube and seat stays deliver a dynamic, smooth ride that feels like floating over rough roads. The sensation is subtle - but it is noticeable and can be tested.
- Efficiency - The large majority of torsional and lateral loads are handled bu the lower spine of the frame. The headtube, downtube and chainstays are shaped to resist twisting and transmit power to the rear wheel. There is no doubt about it, large cross-sections and resistance to flex in the bottom of the frame translate directly to more watts on the road and a sensation that power transfer is instantaneous.
- Avant Fork - The Avant fork uses a shallower, rounded-blade profile and longer fork legs to offer the best combination of elasticity, tire clearance and torsional stiffness. The increased axle-to-crown height is offset by a shorter headtube to maintain stack measurements and improve aesthetics.
- Orbea Endurance Geometry - Avant Endurance Geometry is born from years of analyzing how ergonomics can help you ride further. Unlike a racing geometry that is focused on aerodynamics, endurance ergonomics result in a bike that is easier to ride and increases stamina. Handling is precise and intuitive. Angles and dimensions are considered carefully across a range of sizes to maximize rider comfort. And more comfort means longer rides.