Singletrack filled with rocks and roots. Loose climbs that take finesse to finish without walking. Steep, dark chutes through huge trees and over decaying logs. Ledgy switchbacks that you have only ridden that one time when you were in the zone. With all the buzz surrounding Enduro, e Bikes, Fat Bikes and wheel size, it’s easy to forget that THIS is what mountain biking is all about. Escaping your daily routine to ride your bike anywhere, on any trail, until you can’t ride any further. This is why you began and this is why you keep coming back.
The new Occam celebrates this freedom and brings you to the places where it all started.
- Trail Geometry - The TR/AM Trail Geometry concept divides the Occam family into Occam TR and Occam AM models. Shorter travel TR models take advantage of fast-rolling 29" wheels while the AM varieties pack more bump-eating suspension into a manageable size using 27.5" wheels. Our consistent and proportional stack and reach measurements guarantee that every rider experiences flawless handling in a svelte, fun and fast bike regardless of frame size or wheel size.
- Monocoque Carbon - We use the most technologically advanced carbon construction available to make the most sophisticated frame possible - A complex and painstaking process with results you will appreciate on the trail.
- Advanced Dynamics - Advanced Dynamics is not a design, but a development process. Our unique method transforms virtual models into real, highly-refined machines. Bikes for demanding riders that are faster, more fun to ride and far beyond ordinary. The leverage ratio curve of the Occam is perfect for efficient trail riding.
- UFO - We've done away with the pivot point at the rear axle. The flexible seat stay design creates an ultralight bike that requires little maintenance and offers stiffness and acceleration like you've never felt in a full suspension bike. UFO saves over 140g and results in a faster Occam.
- Boost - Occam is precise and responsive with 425/435mm chainstays and the excellent rigidity of a 12mm through-axle system. The Boost 148 standard widens rear axle spacing to 148mm which moves the chainline outboard by 3mm and increases the space available at the bottom bracket.