Fun is the Only Mission.
Slate is the bike you never knew you always wanted. It’s a full-tilt road bike with legit off-road chops. It’s a drop-bar bike with a Lefty fork. It’s got massive tyres, yet has road bike quickness. Float over potholes, boost off of curbs, rail down trails or just bring a little excitement to the next group ride. On Slate, fun is the only mission.
The Slate brings a whole new dimensions of hard-cornering, curb-hopping, trail-shredding fun to the concept of “Road-Riding”.
- Big Tyres + Small Wheels = Good Times – Massive 42c tyres on 650b wheels give you the same roll-out diameter as a 700x23c wheel for proper road bike speed, but with unreal cornering grip, traction and comfort.
- “Full Fun” Geometry – Short chain stays give Slate snappy quickness, while a slack head angle and long front-centre keep things stable for off-road excursions.
- Magic Carpet Comfort – With the big-volume tyres, plush Save Plus (+) rear triangle and Lefty Oliver suspension fork, the Slate is magically smooth over bumps and chatter.
- Surprisingly Light, Surprisingly Fast – Despite its burly look, Slate weighs less than a kilo more than comparable road bikes and it carries speed like a traditional (but bizarrely smooth) road bike.
- Women's-Specific Components - Women's saddles, narrower ergonomic bars with improved lever reach and hand-selected components make your bike ride and fir better.
- Rider Position – A low and efficient traditional road bike position with a touch of upright comfort.
- Rider Profile – Roadies looking for a new thrill. MTB’ers or action sports enthusiasts looking for a more open definition of “Road Riding”. Highly skilled riders looking for new limits to push. Highly unskilled riders without consequences.