Please Note: Image is for illustration purposes. The bike is supplied in Jet Black colour.
The Alpine 6 replaces the much loved Alpine 160 in our range. This new frame is the Alpine 160 re-engineered and we’ve revamped every aspect of the bike's performance.
The Alpine 6 is designed around 170mm front/160mm rear travel. We’ve slackened the head angle half a degree to keep the same alpine handling feel we love, yet make the most of the fork’s extra 10mm.
The compact rear end we debuted on the Four model makes its way to the Alpine 6, shortening the chainstay significantly by 9mm. The repositioned pivot also means that the whole rear triangle is more compact and more active. With the shock now effectively lowered in the chassis, the ramp-up effect is improved, and feedback from test riders has been nothing but positive. With even less flex in the rear, it's more active over small bumps and inspires confidence over the really rough stuff.
Even with the shortening of the rear triangle, other small changes in the frame construction mean that we retain a long and stable wheelbase along with the long top-tube/short stem model we love.
With neat finishing touches like internal cable routing, every element of the frame’s construction has been analysed and optimised, to the point that, size for size, the Alpine 6 frame is significantly lighter than its predecessor.
While we have done everything we can to keep the Alpine 6 the same as the Alpine 160, everything has changed – and we think you’re going to love it.
- Unique monocoque aluminium and tubing chassis
- Single pivot suspension for the utmost performance, efficiency and reliability
- 27.5" tubeless ready wheelset
- 170mm Front/160mm rear travel
- Fox 36 Performance 170mm Boost Fork
- Fox Float X EVol Performance Rear Shock
- Alpine-trail honed geometry
- Increased length toptube and wheelbase coupled to a shorter stem for high-speed stability
- KS Cruxi Integra 100mm drop with internal dropper routing