The Segment. Divides opinions. Conquers trails.
Designed to be the fastest all-rounder we could make, the Segment takes preconceptions about what is possible on a short travel bike and pulls them apart.
This is the 2nd generation Segment frame. Revisited, reshaped, and re-honed. All new CNCed frame parts, and thinner aluminium sheet shed the overall frame weight by around 400g. We added 6mm to the width of the pivot along with 148mm Boost rear hub spacing to give even more lateral stiffness than the 1st generation model.
With the extra swing-arm breathing room, for generous tyre clearance.
As ever this 120/110mm travel 29er can ride way beyond its travel figure, a little more ramp-up in the frame's shock curve balances its inherent big-wheel unflappability with a taut and playful ride that encourages you to let it roll faster, both up and down. With its confidence inspiring low-slung stance and the kind of angles more often found on longer travel bikes, the Segment enjoys a fiercely loyal rapidly growing cult following. It is the short travel 29er that can, and does.
The Orange Segment, greater than the sum of its parts doesn’t even come close.
- New Lightweight Frame Handbuilt in Britain
- Fast rolling 29 Inch Wheels
- 12x148mm Boost rear hub spacing for lateral stiffness and precise handling
- Suspension geometry for 120mm front/110mm rear
- KS Cruxi internally routed dropper post
- Fox Float DPS EVOL Performance
- Race Face AEFFECT Direct Mount 30t Crankset
- Shimano XT/SLX 11spd Drivetrain
- Formula Hubs & Alex MD23 Tubeless Ready Wheelset