Cyclocross Bikes With Superb Performance
The cyclocross bikes market in the UK is booming, with he popularity of the bikes growing year-on-year. Now that Lars van der Haar has won the first world cup on a cyclocross bike with disc brakes, the world has gone cyclocross crazy.
It was back in 2011 that the Union Cycliste Nationale made changes to the regulations governing cyclocross bike design. They permitted the use of cyclocross disc brakes and manufacturers responded with compatible brakes. Riders soon noticed a massive improvement in performance; with safety and confidence significantly boosted.
ROUX’s Conquest 3500 is part of this ‘revolution’ and it’s a cyclocross disc bike that has been built with superior performance in mind.
The advantages of using a cyclocross disc brake bike include: increased braking power; decreased braking interference from mud/water; increased rim life; lower levels of rider fatigue and increased speed and performance generally.
Key Features :
- Frameset: Disc specific design, hand constructed with 7005 alloy, the butted main tube reduces weight and it has a strengthening gusset behind the head tube. Fitted with disc specific carbon fibre cyclocross front forks.
- Geometry: The top tube is longer than a purist cyclocross racer and there is less toe overlap with the front wheel. These changes allow it to be the best multi use bike it can be, the ultimate hack bike.
- Brakes: Tektro disc brakes specifically compatible with road style brake levers.
- Gearing: A super compact cross chainset (46×36) and a wide ratio 12/27 9 speed cassette give a wide range of gears. They are low enough to cope with the rough terrain of a cross race but also high enough for general road riding.
- Gear Controls: Shimano Sora front and rear gears as well as Sora STI gear levers
- Wheels: Triple chamber, disc specific rims that add extra strength. The Maxxis Cyclo cross Raze tyres have an aggressive tread pattern for off road use but they are easily changed to less aggressive, narrow road tyres or if you wish the frame has enough clearance for bigger carcass cross tyre.
- Comfort: A cross specific saddle has extra padding and a very soft surface to help absorb the vibrations.
- Compatibility: This cyclocross bike has full rear carrier and mudguard fittings.