Crush meets plush.
The Synapse is the perfect balance of raw power and all-day ridability. Its race-proven combination of endurance geometry, light weight and dialed vertical compliance has won it everything from Spring Classics to Bike of the Year accolades. It might just be the best all-around road bike we’ve ever made.
People who live for the love of the ride. Fit, serious, high performance riders who set their sights beyond the tightly defined world of the pure racer; Gran Fondo specialists, all-day-epic riders, and those who long to venture off the smooth and easy.
Key Features :
- The ultimate partner for the epic ride.
- An ideal blend of compliance, rigidity, and weight for the perfect balance of raceday aggression and all-day ridability.
- Revolutionary. BallisTec Carbon, Power Pyramid and the SAVE PLUS system give the ideal blend of crush meets plush.
- Available with the power, control and all-weather versatility of disc brakes
- S.E.R.G. Synapse Endurance Race Geometry - With its slightly taller head tube, slightly longer wheelbase and slightly slacker head angle, S.E.R.G. strikes the ideal balance between pure race positioning and upright comfort. Perfect for long days in the saddle and confident handling on all road surfaces.
- Save Plus Micro-Suspension System - The SAVE PLUS Micro-suspension system is a three part system, comprised of the carbon lay-up, the rear triangle and fork, and the seat post and seat tube, all designed to collaborate seamlessly to reduce vibration, improve handling, and increase comfort.
- Save Plus Micro-Suspension System (Rear Triangle and Fork) - The frame and fork’s carbon layup is designed to optimize high-frequency vibration dissipation, reducing road buzz. The radical helixed shapes of the chain stays and seat stays work in conjunction with the offset dropout fork to allow the wheels to track over imperfections in the road for better handling and control, seated or standing.
- Save Plus Micro-Suspension System (Seat Post and Seat Tube) - The elegantly scalloped seat tube and the smaller diameter 25.4mm seatpost are designed to flex together to provide more comfort when seated. The integrated collarless seat clamp allows more of the seatpost to flex than with a traditional clamp.
- Power Pyramid/BB30A - The seat tube splits asymmetrically to meet a new wider 7 3mm BB30A bottom bracket, for maximum stiffness with minimal weight.
- Synapse BallisTec Carbon Frame Options - 1. Synapse Hi-MOD- BallisTec Hi-MOD carbon construction. High and ultra-high modulus fibres create an interconnected stiffening network throughout an extremely strong and durable base structure. Ultra light, strong and stiff. 2. Synapse Carbon- Same lay-up, same molds and same ballistic base fibres as the Hi-MOD version, but utilizing a higher percentage of intermediate modulus fibres to tune stiffness and ride feel.
- 700 X 28C Tyres - The larger tyres (up to 28c) found on the Synapse models provide more comfort, are better suited for differing road conditions, and are less likely to pinch flat.
- Disc Brakes - The disc frames and forks feature a completely revised carbon layup designed to handle the different loads of disc brakes while still delivering the incredible compliance the Synapse is known for. The unique Reach Around rear mount makes brake adjustment easy and allows the use of both SRAM and Shimano standards.